Early in my career I was the Head Tennis Professional at a prestigious AAA Five Diamond resort in southern California. I worked for this tennis club and resort for 10 years.
As you can imagine, we regularly had insightful customer service training. That’s because our valued customers paid a healthy sum to visit the club, so our skills needed to be sharp with a customer-centric atmosphere at all times.
Here are the 10 Commandments of Legendary Customer Service, as taught by the best in the business of exceeding customers expectations:
The Top 10 Commandments of Legendary Customer Service
- Create customer service that’s not just the best, but Legendary. (Treat our customers better than they expect!)
- Our employee must be the customer. (If our customer is upset, our employee is upset. If our customer is satisfied, our employee is satisfied.)
- To achieve customer satisfaction, our employees have the authority to act as is they own the company.
- There’s no such thing as taking too much time with any customer.
- Talking face to face is mightier than the phone which is mightier than the pen which is mightier than email.
- If it doesn’t feel right, make it right.
- The job isn’t done until it’s done right.
- Do it once and do it yourself. (In other words, satisfying our customer is everyone’s job.)
- Our employees must know: “When in doubt, ask. When not in doubt, act.”
- A mistake is not just a mistake – it’s an opportunity to improve our business!
About Your Strategic Marketing Partner
Sam Hirschberg, MBA, is Your Strategic Marketing Partner. Always professional and a delight to work with, Sam is not a typical “marketing consultant”. Unlike most consultants, Sam doesn’t just tell you that you have a problem and say, “See you later and good luck!” He knows how to find solutions, execute programs, test and measure campaigns, and how-and-when it’s time to roll-out big! You are invited to call (602) 892-0777 to learn more about Sam’s background on his FREE 9-minute recorded message. For more information about Sam, please visit https://strategicmarketingpartner.com.